my personal tips for clear, even, soft, moisturized skin.
1. find a good, gentle cleanser. I use Cetaphil and cold water to prevent acne and the cold water to keep my pores closed from any dirt getting in them. Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap works well too.
2. Exfoliate to help remove dead skin cells and remove dirt from pores, revealing brighter, glowing skin.
3. Do clay masks to penetrate your pores and removes dirt and impurities from the skin. It’s the most effective thing I’ve used on my skin for cleansing my pores.
4. Moisturize, I use a little less than a dime sized amount of pure organic coconut oil and my skin is softer with a glow. Cetaphil moisturizer is good as well.
5. Change your pillow cases, sheets, face towels and washcloths regularly to avoid dirt and bacteria being added onto the skin.
6. If you get those small bumps on your skin but not acne then I recommend popping them if you feel like you want/need to, cleaning them with Peroxide and then using Tea Tree Oil on it to prevent dark spots.
7. If you have uneven skin or acne scars, a honey lemon mask is your best bet rather than using make up. Lemons are filled with AHA’s and BHA’s which remove dead skin cells and help clear up blackheads, acne, and discoloration, while honey is a natural antioxidant and antibacterial. It keeps the skin soft, smooth, honey retains moisture. Try doing it everyday for a week or two and you’ll see results. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
8. Sleep with your hair up or in a bonnet.